Multiple Newsrooms Upgrade to the APT’s Latest CMS, Falcon 5
Posted: 4/25/2012 | By: Press Release | Advanced Publishing Technology
Advanced Publishing Technology announces successful production deployments of their latest editorial CMS, Falcon 5. Tony Canody, Media General IT Directory Community Papers says “We have found the Falcon 5 product to meet the needs of our remote properties.” Falcon 5 incorporates APT’s new core technology, Kestrel. Kestrel unifies the collection, creation, publishing, and viewing of content on PC’s, tablets and smart phones. Numerous features have been added to increase user productivity and reduce system maintenance.
- Web Site Hosting APT can host your company website seamlessly by managing print and web publishing. The web module is designed to minimize the need for web specialists. It is fully featured with article and photo galleries, video, calendars, managed comments, blogging, and SEO. The CMS module also offers a new Social Media solution along with managing advertising content (both display and classified). The CMS product, based on user log-in and profiles can manage commenting, advertising, content and reviews on the site. Also offered is a pay wall that can be integrated with a circulation system (such as our Falcon Circulation).
- Browser Interface FEO, the web browser interface, now boasts a built in word processor eliminating the need for any software on a reporter device. Multiple story elements, including photos and videos, can be associated into a story package for print and/or web publishing. Native Android and IOS applications for tablets and smartphones will be ready in 2012. This greatly enhances the hosted SaaS implementation of Falcon 5.
- Faster Pagination Print production will be much faster with the new “auto placement” functionality. When a story is placed, all of the supporting components; headline, captions, photos, etc will automatically flow into the corresponding frames.
- Multichannel Publishing XML and image transformation processes have been expanded with additional automated formatting options. User definable screens are available for custom metadata fields. Content distribution and transformation functionality has been greatly expanded.
- Simplified Maintenance Responding to shrinking IT budget, APT has worked hard to make Falcon more redundant and self sustaining. Optimized database purging and improved memory management reduce the IT workload.
- Tradition of Advanced Technology This is the first groundbreaking release since Falcon was entirely re-programmed using leading edge programming tools and techniques five years ago. The programming team continues to adopt the most versatile and productive programming tools available today.
For twenty years Advanced Publishing Technology has developed editorial, advertising, circulation, and online software specifically designed for the publishing industry. For more information call 818-557-3035, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A white paper covering Falcon Editorial 5 is available at http://www.advpubtech.com/product-editorial-white-paper.php