This year’s annual Graph Expo conference will be held in Orlando, Fla. at the Orange County Convention Center Sept. 25-28. “Refresh” is the conference’s theme, representing the reinvigoration of the printing process and skills for the future.
“The ‘Refresh’ theme was chosen because it embodies both a ‘fresh take’ on the show, and the essential mantra for continued growth and success in our industry—today and for tomorrow,” said Deborah Vieder, director of communications.
The conference will feature attendee favorites such as the Industrial Printing Pavilion, the Inkjet Candy Store, and Materials Matter, featuring top suppliers of paper and non-paper. The expo will also feature the News Print—The Newspaper Pavilion area again for exhibitors showcasing new applications, products and workflow solutions for newspaper and commercial printers. In addition, the show will feature a new floor attraction, called The House That Print Built, “where everything they see, touch, and experience is a product of print,” according to Vieder.
“From the ground up—flooring, window coverings, wallpaper, and more—this new show floor hub is a visual demonstration of today’s expanding wide format, printed electronics and 3D print profit possibilities, produced from the latest technology and products found across the Graph Expo show floor,” she said.
Additionally, the event will host more than 50 educational seminars and workshops to help improve business practices with topics such as print shop management, print sales, mobile marketing 3D printing and more. The seminars are scheduled for Sept. 25-Sept. 27.
Sessions related to newspaper publishing include:
- “Today’s Print Shop: How Millennial Management is UP-ing the Game,” with Lawrence Chou, chief executive officer, MGX
- “Print Selling Savvy: Game-Changer Ways to ADAPT and WIN,” with Joe Rickard, president, Intellective Solutions LLC
- “What’s Your Uber™? Secrets to Breakout Company Success in Today’s Evolving Print Industry,” with John Foley, CEO and president, interlinkONE and Grow Socially
- “The State of Our Industry: NOW. What’s Ahead. What to DO About It!” with Andrew D. Paparozzi, senior vice president and chief economist, Epicomm
- “Top Printing Trends: For Today and Tomorrow” and “Curtain Up: Intro to the NEW Print Industry,” with Frank Romano, professor emeritus, RIT
“When it comes to Graph Expo (and Print), every year the cross-pollination of knowledge, expertise and engagement is unrivaled by any other U.S.-based exhibition. Proven by this year’s more than 40 new and returning co-located events, users’ groups, board meetings, conferences, galas, and more,” Vieder said.
Last year’s Graph Expo in Chicago saw more than 12,500 buyer-attendees and more than 430 contracted exhibitors. Vieder said this year will feature a lineup of new and returning exhibitors representing more than 1,000 brands. Next year’s show returns to McCormick Place South in Chicago, Sept. 10-14, 2017.
For more information, visit graphexpo.com.