Dow Jones to Offer ‘WSJ’ in India

RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Visit Us
LinkedIn

By: E&P Staff

Dow Jones announced Thursday that it would begin publishing its flagship Wall Street Journal in India, a move executives feel will immediately enhance the paper’s global impact for readers and advertisers.

“A Wall Street Journal for India will instantly become an important component of the global Journal network, including The Wall Street Journal in the U.S., The Asian Wall Street Journal, The Wall Street Journal Europe and The Wall Street Journal Americas in Latin America,” said Karen Elliott House, the Journal’s publisher.

Dow Jones and Bennett, Coleman & Co., publisher of the Times of India and The Economic Times, struck a joint venture to bring the Journal to India. Bennett, Coleman will own 74% of the new venture; Dow Jones will own the remaining 26%.

The Indian version will be published five days a week and will be edited for global Indian business readers and international business travelers, according to a Dow Jones statement. Suman Dubey, Dow Jones’ corporate representative in India and a leading Indian journalist, will serve as editor of the new edition.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *