Miles 33 Acquires net-linx Publishing Solutions

RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Visit Us
LinkedIn

By: E&P Staff

Miles 33, Bracknell, England, announced today that it acquired Sacramento-based newspaper editorial and advertising software supplier net-linx Publishing Solutions Inc. from its net-linx AG, Dresden, Germany.

Created by the acquisition of System Integrators Inc. (which itself had recently acquired CompuText’s ad products) and Ctext in 2000, net-linx Publishing Solutions provides Miles 33 with an expanded customer base and established support infrastructure for its growing newspaper business, along with new opportunities beyond its established markets in the United Kingdom and North America.

“By joining forces with Miles 33, we can build upon the strengths of both companies, added financial solutions from Miles 33 and excellent support capabilities of nxPS,” net-linx Publishing President Ken Anderson said in a statement. “We become a larger company, with more economies of scale and are better positioned to support our publishing customers,” added Anderson, who remains with the company.

Calling the companies’ operations complementary, Miles 33 CEO Michael Moore said he expects the larger company to be able to offer a “higher level of support to our combined customers and pool our development resources.” Last month, Miles 33 acquired Datamatix, which provides self-service advertising products for the automotive and real estate categories.

Last June, European Capital, an American Capital affiliate, purchased 60% of Miles 33 for $112 million. The remaining 40% is held by senior management. Miles 33 has been in business for three decades.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *