By: E&P Staff
Editor & Publisher is expanding its Production All-Stars honors this year. This is your newspaper’s best opportunity to recognize the work done by leaders in overall operations or any aspect of prepress, press and packaging.
Production All-Stars will be chosen from three categories: newspapers with circulation below 75,000, newspapers with circulation above 75,000 and Senior Managers, those who head operations at a cluster of newspapers or for an entire company.
The Production All-Stars will be honored at a luncheon during the International Newspaper Group’s annual conference Oct. 2 in Chicago. This year’s ING conference has been scheduled to take place the day before Graph Expo opens in Chicago, with exhibition space specifically devoted to newspapers.
The All-Stars will be awarded a plaque designed by E&P.
This year we’ve simplified the nominating process by asking newspapers to respond to these six questions below. Please email nominations to E&P Editor Mark Fitzgerald at email@example.com, with a cc to Senior Editor Jim Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Please describe how the nominee contributed to cost savings in the past few years, in areas such as reducing waste and down time, consolidation, moving to a reduced web width, etc. Please be as specific as possible.
2. Please list any production projects the nominee headed in recent years, such as plant opening or consolidation, conversion of press or prepress technologies, addition of press towers or packaging equipment.
3. In what ways has the nominee contributed to revenue generation at the newspaper?
4. Please describe the nominee’s record overseeing safety and injury-prevention measures and procedures in the production center.
5. How would you describe the management/leadership style of the nominee? In what specific ways has he or she shown leadership in the production area?
6. Finally, why is your nominee a Production All-Star?