By: E&P Staff
Reporters Without Borders on Tuesday urged Israeli authorities to disclose the names of journalists arrested during the raid on the humanitarian aid flotilla headed for the Gaza Strip.
“There were at least 15 foreign journalists traveling with the flotilla who still cannot be reached directly,” the Paris-based press freedom group said in a statement.
Reporters Without Borders released this list of “journalists known to have been aboard the flotilla”:
• Reporter Svetoslav Ivanov and cameraman Valentin Vassilev of Bulgarian television station BTV
• Muna Shester of the Kuwait News Agency (KUNA)
• Talat Hussain, a presenter with Pakistan’s Aaj TV
• Sydney Morning Herald correspondent Paul McGeough and photographer Kate Geraghty.
• Al Jazeera correspondent Abbas Nasser and cameraman Isaam Zaatar
• Mario Damolin, a freelancer working for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. According to the latest information, he is now held in Be’er Scheva. • David Segarra of TeleSUR
• Reporter Ayse Sarioglu of the daily Taraf
• Reporter Murat Palavar of the Islamist daily Yeni Safak (New Dawn)
• TVNET foreign news chief Sümeyye Ertekin, producer Ümit Sönmez and cameraman Ersin Esen.