Shredded Newspapers Start Warehouse Fire

By: The Associated Press

(AP) – Tampa fire officials say a two-alarm blaze at a warehouse started in a bundle of shredded papers.

No one was hurt in the accidental fire, to which crews responded shortly after midnight Wednesday. According to a news release, responders reportedly saw smoke coming from Green Fiber, a business that shreds newspapers into material that can be converted into insulation. It took about 30 minutes to control the blaze.

A Tampa Fire Marshals Office investigator found that the fire appeared to have started when a piece of hot metal became trapped inside a bundle of shredded paper. It smoldered then started to burn.

 

Like & Share E&P:
RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Visit Us
LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *