By: Press Release
Toronto – March 16, 2010 -The Globe and Mail today launched Globe Politics, a free daily e-newsletter featuring national and international political news, analysis and opinion from the Globe’s award-winning journalists. A mobile app will follow soon after. To receive the Globe Politics newsletter in your inbox each morning, visit tgam.ca/politicsnewsletter.
“We’re continuing to give our readers what they’ve always expected from The Globe: insightful political news, analysis and commentary from across the country — along with innovative ways of delivering it,” said Political Editor Ryan MacDonald. “And there’s more to come. If a federal election becomes a reality in the coming days, it will be fought on mobile devices as much as the web and the hustings. And we’ll be there — we’re already there.”
The Globe Politics newsletter will include:
• The Lookahead: a rundown of the top political events of the day.
• Top Stories: a daily national round-up of top Canadian political stories.
• Provincial dispatch: reports from the Globe’s bureaus in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada.
• Comment: daily opinion and commentary from Globe columnists, including: Lysiane Gagnon in Montreal, Gary Mason in Vancouver, Irshad Manji in New York, as well as Jeffrey Simpson, Lawrence Martin and Neil Reynolds in Ottawa.
• View from abroad: Globe correspondents on the top political stories from around the world.
• The Globe’s view: The country’s must read editorial as well as work by the Globe’s award-winning editorial cartoonists, Brian Gable and Anthony Jenkins.
The Globe and Mail is Canada’s national newspaper, delivering trusted national and international news, business, arts, sports, lifestyle and automotive content to engaged and influential Canadians through its portfolio of newspaper, magazine, online and mobile assets. The Globe and Mail is owned by Thomson Newspapers (85%) and BCE Inc. (15%).