By: Press Release | WAN-IFRA
Newspapers from around the world are submitting their social media success stories to the annual XMA Cross Media Awards competition, and there is still time to join them – deadline for entries is 15 July.
The World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) will honour those companies that have mastered the issues and gained large followings on Twitter, Facebook, or on other social media platforms at an awards ceremony to be held on 29 October during the World Publishing Expo in Frankfurt, Germany.
“XMA 2012: Social Media Stars” seeks news publishers that are successfully connecting with their communities on the social web, by offering appealing content, engaging readers through word-of-mouth campaigns, and implementing social media tools in innovative ways.
Successful newspapers will have:
• built relationships with their audience;
• determined what type of content to offer on different social media platforms;
• pushed content through different social media channels;
• empowered their audience to help create their own content and products;
• fostered customer engagement;
• maximised brand recognition; and
• measured the impact of social media products.
• Best use of Facebook by a newspaper
• Best community engagement – reader/user interaction: Which newspapers excel at involving their readers in the editorial process and content generation via social media?
• Monetization (advertising and social commerce): Which newspapers capitalize best on their presence on social media platforms?
• Special projects: Best integrated social/traditional media campaigns (entertainment, charities, sports, one-off projects)
Full details and registration information can be found at www.wan-ifra.org/xma . The entry fee per app is EUR 200 plus VAT for WAN-IFRA members, and EUR 300 plus VAT for non-members.
WAN-IFRA, based in Paris, France, and Darmstadt, Germany, with subsidiaries in Singapore, India, Spain, France and Sweden, is the global organisation of the world’s newspapers and news publishers. It represents more than 18,000 publications, 15,000 online sites and over 3,000 companies in more than 120 countries. Its core mission is to defend and promote press freedom, quality journalism and editorial integrity and the development of prosperous businesses.